The doctrinal basis of faith held by Riverside Christian Church, Buckie is as follows:-
1. The Divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and preserved; and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. The unity, equality and individual personality of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
3. The sovereignty of God in redemption, creation, revelation and final judgment.
4. The essential Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His Incarnation and Virgin Birth; the all sufficiency of His substitutionary and atoning sacrifice for the sins of mankind; His bodily resurrection and ascension; His present intercessory ministry as our Great High Priest; and His future personal return and universal reign.
5. The person of Satan, the enemy of God and man, and the author of mankind’s fallen nature.
6. The fall and sinful state of mankind and their total inability to save themselves, apart from the intervention of the only Mediator between God and mankind, Jesus Christ.
7. The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, convicting them of sin, righteousness and judgment, granting them repentance toward God, and regeneration leading to faith in Jesus Christ.
8. The constant need of the work of the Holy Spirit indwelling every believer for sanctification, spiritual enlightenment and power for service, resulting in a holy life and character, which forms the evidence of conversion.
9. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit, the enduing of power with the distribution of gifts as He sees fit.
10. The baptism of believers by immersion into water as the baptism ordained by the Lord, practiced by the Apostles, and taught in the New Testament; and the Lord’s Table as a remembrance and proclamation of His death upon the Cross, but in no way another sacrifice.
11. The local Church as a called out community of born again believers, with liberty to order its own life as the Holy Spirit will guide through the Scriptures, and enjoying fellowship with all those who love our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
12. The necessity of a world-wide ministry of evangelism to fulfill the Great Commission to ‘Make disciples of all nations’.
13. The resurrection of the body, the judgment of mankind by our Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal blessedness of the elect and eternal banishment of the lost.